About the Subclass 870 Sponsored Parent (Temporary) Visa.
The Subclass 870 visa is a temporary visa which allows a parent of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen visit Australia for up to three (3) or five (5) years.
It provides parents and grandparents with a pathway to reunite and spend time together, in Australia, for a continuous period of up to five years.
Places available for Sponsored Parent Visa
Up to 15,000 Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visas may be granted each year, ensuring reunions are possible for many families. This will make a big difference to many Australian families.
- Apply and have approved Parent Sponsor before you can lodge an application for the visa
- Lodge your visa application within six (6) months of the sponsorship approval
- the biological, adoptive, or step-parent or parent-in-law of the parent sponsor,
- who must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen.
Sponsors must meet the following criteria:
- sponsors will need to have a taxable income of at least $83,454.80
- the sponsor/parent relationship requirements (ie: a parent must be the biological, adoptive, or step-parent of the sponsor and a step-parent can only apply if they are still in a married/de facto relationship with a biological parent of the sponsor)
- be aged at least 18 years of age
- be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen who has been usually resident in Australia for four years
- have met any prior sponsorship obligations
- have no adverse information unless it is reasonable to disregard the information
- have no debts to the Commonwealth or public health debts unless appropriate arrangements have been made for payment
- a minimum household income threshold (based on the income of the sponsor, or the combined income of the sponsor and their spouse/partner and/or another child of the parent)
- provide police clearances for any country they have spent more than 12 months cumulatively in during the past 10 years
- authorise information to be shared with the visa applicant.
- be sponsored by a person who is an approved parent sponsor
- be at least 18 years of age
- provide evidence of access to funds
- provide evidence of health insurance
- not have an outstanding public health debt (unless appropriate arrangements have been made to repay the debt)
- satisfy health, character, and national security requirements
A parent sponsorship will cease:
- if the sponsor’s permanent visa is cancelled
- if the sponsor dies
- if the sponsor withdraws their sponsorship
- if the sponsored parent does not apply for a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa within six months of the sponsorship being approved
- the day that the Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa ceases.
However, some sponsor obligations will continue after the sponsorship ceases, including the obligation to pay any outstanding health debts incurred by the visa holder in Australia, even after their visa has ceased.
Processing times will be dependent on a number of factors, including the number of applications lodged and whether an applicant provides all required information with their application.
In addition to a sponsorship and visa application fee; the second visa application charge will cost migrants $5000 per applicant for a three-year visa and $10,000 per applicant for a five-year visa.
Unlike permanent Parent visas, there is no Balance of Family Test requirement for this visa, meaning a visa applicant is not required to have more than half of their children residing in Australia.
You can apply for further visas to stay up to a maximum of ten (10) years on this visa.
There is no work rights on this visa.
This visa does not lead to permanent residency.
Interested in a Subclass 870 Sponsored Parent (Temporary) Visa?
Our team of Migration Agents are committed to helping you obtain your Subclass 870 Sponsored Parent (Temporary) Visa in the fastest possible timeframe and with the least amount of stress. We have an enviable record of experience and success with SkillSelect visas.
Without doubt, we have the best migration solutions for your unique set of circumstances and a comprehensive visa application service to provide you with the greatest chance of a successful migration outcome.
Our No Visa, No Fee Guarantee lies to all Skilled Independent visas!
Whether you are an individual, a family or a corporate employer looking to sponsor employees, when you engage us (and even before you do) you will experience expert, caring service from a team of dedicated migration specialists who think outside the square. We offer solutions others haven’t considered and our visa/sponsorship success rate is exceptional. We know what works and what doesn’t. We are passionate about getting that visa and mad about our customer service. We will communicate with you every step of the way and always answer any query you may have throughout the process.
Australian Express Migration Solutions has one of the largest and most experienced teams of Registered Migration Agents in Australia, Including Indian and Chinese Migration Agents. We specialise in all aspects of migration including visa applications, citizenship applications and visa refusal appeals. We are also experts in new company set ups and the visa options available to company owners and significant investors.
At all times we are bound by the MARA Code of Conduct giving you further peace of mind.
Australia’s immigration laws regulations are complex and ever-changing. We will quickly assess your Australian visa options and get you on the road to your future in Australia.
Getting an Australian visa is one of the greatest gifts you will ever have, but the process is complex and fraught with many pitfalls for the unsuspecting applicant who decides to lodge their own application – we have heard many horror stories and have in fact “rescued” many doomed applications as well. It’s just not worth it. One error, however small, can lead to your visa being refused.
Your dream of a future in Australia can be realised and by using Australian Express Migration Solutions to handle your application you will give yourself the best possible chance of success. It’s what we do, day in day out -and the best part of our day is calling clients to tell them they have been granted their visa!
Application fees for all types of Australian visas have increased ridiculously in recent years, and it makes no sense to fumble around doing your own application and potentially losing a lot of money, and having a visa/sponsorship refusal on your record. Why gamble with your future and your money?
If your application qualifies for our “No Visa, No Fee Guarantee” we will refund our professional fees to you including GST if applicable, in the unlikely event your visa is refused.
Call Australian Express Migration Solutions on +61420-456-862 to arrange a consultation, or book a consultation here and we’ll assess your prospects of success with this visa type (Fees apply).